Tuesday 20 February 2007

over developed thumbs


I have zero console skills. I can't navigate my way around even the most basic virtual environment. I have trouble with the real one too. My main gripe (don't worry, I have others) with video games is the effect they have on children's expectations. The impression grows in the impressionable mind that many of life's more intractable problems can be resolved by the pressing of buttons. Cornered by a baying mob? Right thumb down and leap through that mystic portal! Lacking in that special ability? Left index finger tweak and pick up that magic wand. What a marvellous and misleading world. And then of course there's guns!

1 comment:

dwight towers said...

this is one of the funniest cartoons I have seen in ages. I am still laughing now, five minutes later.