Tuesday 26 October 2010

Debrief





I've been to Boston to take part in a Goethe Institute symposium on Communication and Climate Change at Boston University. A somewhat baffling and deeply alien experience for me, but one that will undoubtedly leave a lasting impression. So many well informed and highly qualified people; so many well thought out positions. So what on Earth was a misanthropic paint-monkey like myself doing there? I haven't quite figured that out yet. I don't know whether my contribution was worth the carbon footprint I left getting there. I suppose that's not for me to say. People laughed, and kind words were spoken. But it was a long way to go for fart-gags. Don't get me wrong - I'm grateful for the opportunity and it was great to meet some people that I greatly admire.
So if it seems somewhat churlish to post this particular cartoon on my return, I don't mean it that way.
The Ern i my head won't let it lie, and the Frank has no reply.

No comments: