Wednesday 31 August 2011

All gone very quiet, hasn't it.

Apologies to anyone who may inadvertently stumble across this site with a vague expectation of cartoony goodness. It's all gone very quiet of late. I am currently of the opinion that Frank's shenanegans are somewhat counter productive and am only doing the odd strip when directly requested. Preaching to the choir is all very well, in a narcissistic kind of way, but it doesn't seem to spread anything positive, which is what is so desperately needed in a culture obsessed with happy-ever-afters and consumable frivolity. . Frank has little positive to say - as he is a curmudgeonly old bastard hard-wired to diss the "opposition". Shame on him. Much as I enjoy being a cantankerous, nay-saying arse, I am currently exploring other avenues and will return once these alternatives blow up in my face and force me to re-engage with the the old git. Should anyone have any suggestions for directions Frank might take away from the cul-de-sac he has engineered for himself, please feel free to comment. Forgive me for not holding my breath in the meantime. But please, do...

4 comments:

David Wilson said...

good of you to post a note explaining - I have noticed the quiet and came here today wondering (?), best of luck to you in whatever it is

Nick Palmer said...

Have a rest. Looking on the bright side (cos I'm full of irrational hope!) by the time you get the muse again, Frank might just have something to be less curmudgeonly about... pretty please... God or whoever is listening, somebody... anybody?

The fox is always kind of chipper, isn't he?

Anonymous said...

Frank, plz come back, we badly need your ugly black humour !

Susan Anderson said...

I miss you but completely understand. This makes so much sense. Have just posted on DotEarth, along with the "clicktivist" in a comment there:


Andy seems to have lost his edge, but this gentle post is good food for thought for the wannabe mellowers amongst us:
dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/10/bend-stretch-reach-teach-reveal-reflect-rejoice-repeat/

OTOH, I think at this point we do need more rage.